what are Signs and Age of Baby Teething?
Baby teeth, also known as deciduous teeth or primary teeth, begin their development while babies are still in the womb. It may surprise parents to know that newborns are already equipped with a complete set of 20 baby teeth, which remain concealed beneath their gum tissue.
At what age can a baby teething start?
Typically, the process of tooth eruption in infants begins anywhere from 6 to 10 months after birth. However, in some cases, the first signs of teeth can emerge as early as 3 months, while others may experience this milestone around their 12th month of life. However, the exact timing of dentition in babies may vary depending on the child. Teething is a gradual process in which a baby's teeth begin to emerge through the gums. The order and timing of tooth eruption can also vary, but most children will have a full set of primary (baby) teeth by the age of 3.
- The first teeth that typically emerge are the two central incisors at the bottom front.
- Following these, the four upper front teeth (central and lateral incisors) usually come in 4 to 8 weeks later.
- About a month after that, you can expect the lower lateral incisors, which are the two teeth on either side of the bottom front teeth, to appear.
Which baby teeth hurt the most?
The process of baby teething can be uncomfortable, but it's a natural part of their development.
- First Molars: The first molars, can sometimes cause discomfort because they are larger and flatter than the other teeth, making them more prone to inflammation and pain.
- Canines: Canine teeth, which typically come in between ages 16 and 20 months, can also cause some discomfort. These teeth have a pointed shape, and the sensation of them pushing through the gums can be uncomfortable for some children.
- Incisors: The central and lateral incisors are usually among the first baby teeth to emerge, typically around 6 months of age. While they may cause some mild discomfort, they are usually less painful than molars or canines due to their smaller size.
Common signs and symptoms of teething in babies include:
Excessive Saliva and Rash: Due to the increased saliva, babies may develop a rash around their mouth, chin, or neck. For that, provide a teething toy (a rubber teething ring) to satisfy the urge to bite or chew.
Baby teething temperature: Although teething itself doesn't usually cause a high fever, this is a common teething symptom but should not be very high.
Loss of Appetite: Teething can affect a baby's appetite. They may be less interested in eating and may temporarily refuse breast or bottle feeding.
Ear Pulling: Some babies may tug or pull at their ears while teething. This behavior can be a sign of referred pain, as the nerves in the gums and ears are connected.
Cheek Rubbing: Babies may rub their cheeks against their shoulders or crib while teething, possibly as a way to relieve the discomfort.
Importance of minerals and vitamins:
Minerals and vitamins play a crucial role in the development and overall health of infants, including during the teething process.
Calcium: Calcium is essential for the development and maintenance of healthy teeth and bones. During the teething process, a baby's body requires extra calcium to support the growth of their new teeth. Insufficient calcium intake can lead to dental problems and delayed tooth development.
Phosphorus: Like calcium, phosphorus is vital for strong teeth and bones. It works in conjunction with calcium to form the hard structure of teeth, making it an important nutrient during teething.
Iron: Iron is crucial for overall growth and development, including the development of oral structures like the jaw and teeth. Iron deficiency can lead to delayed tooth eruptions and oral health issues.
What to give a baby during teething:
Dr Masood’s expert team discover the reliable solution for teething infants at Masood Store is 'Biogen No 21 tablets.' This trusted homoeopathic remedy has been a good choice for parents seeking relief for their teething babies. Our product is designed to fulfil nutritional values like calcium, phosphorus and iron which effectively alleviates various dental discomforts such as toothaches, gum pain, and sensitivity.
Why choose baby teething gel?
Teething gels offer only temporary relief by briefly numbing the gums. Teething discomfort often returns once the numbing effect wears off, which may require frequent reapplication of the gel. Ensuring the correct dosage of teething gel can be crucial for safety. Using too much can lead to an overdose of the numbing agent, which could potentially harm the baby.
Parents should be mindful of safety precautions and consider Dr. Masood's homoeopathic pharmaceutical product, Biogen 21 tablets, for safe and gentle dentition. These baby teething tablets give significant relief and aid in the efficient and rapid eruption of baby teeth by providing essential minerals. Furthermore, it promotes an increase in the child's appetite and enhances digestion, all while alleviating any discomfort.
Take care of baby teething:
- When all your baby's teeth are grown: This is the actual time for parents to take care the oral health of babies, which usually happens by the time they're around 2 or 3 years old.
- Brush them at least twice a day: You should help your child brush their teeth two times every day. It's important to do this in the morning and before bed.
- Especially after meals, it is recommended to wait at least 30 minutes before brushing teeth to allow saliva to naturally neutralize acids and protect tooth enamel. If your child eats, it's a good idea to brush their teeth. This helps remove food particles and keeps their teeth clean.
- Get kids used to flossing early on: Flossing is like using a small string to clean between teeth. You should start teaching your child how to do this when their teeth are touching each other.
- A good time to start flossing is when two teeth start to touch: When your child's baby teeth are close enough together that they touch, that's when you should begin teaching them to floss. This usually happens as they get older, and more teeth come in.
For more information about Biogen 21 tablets and how to buy them, please
Please go to masoodstore.com.pk.